Custom vs Direct to Print Service At a Glance
Direct to Print
- A straightforward, quick and easy to use service
- You prepare your files for printing.
- We provide guidelines you can follow to prepare your own files
- This service uses the exact same archival inkjet printers, inks, and papers available through our custom printing service but does not include scanning, retouching or proofing.
- You needn’t make a special trip to drop off your files - just upload and order, and wait for notification that your project is complete!
- Prints are available up to 60" wide by any length.
- Turnaround time typically within 4 business days
- Orders can be packed to pick up or shipped
- Work directly with our master printmaker (in person or remotely) to create the best possible fine art prints.
- One round of proofing and an 8 x 10 test print or magnification strip is included in every order.
- Additional proofs can be made for $20 each
- Begin with your high resolution digital image files. Or have us scan or capture your originals or make drum scans of your film.
- We work closely with you to match and realize your preferred density, contrast, color balance, sharpness, etc.
- After file setup is complete, your master files are archived in studio for easy reprinting. They are also delivered to you on DVD or via our WeTransfer page
Direct to print service is our straightforward, easy to use printing service for files prepared according to our file submission guidelines. There is no retouching, test prints, scanning, or proofing included with Direct to Print orders, which is why using the Direct to Print service is less expensive than our Custom Printing service. If there's an issue with the prints as a result of something you did in the file preparation, you'll need to readjust your files, and make another print at your cost. This includes, but is not limited to: image resolution, focus, sharpening, dust/sensor spots, and cropping. We encourage you to test before ordering large prints, or ordering a large print run - simply upload your files for Direct to Print orders, and order a smaller size print using the same paper you'll choose for your final prints.
Custom Printing is our specialty. You work directly with our master printmakers to create the best possible fine art prints. We handle all the image editing and color adjustments, file clean up and optimization, and preparation for printing. Drum scanning is available for an additional fee. Proofing is critical - a test print or magnification strip is included to review appearance and sharpness before producing the final prints. Your files are archived in your user account for easy re-ordering. Custom Printing allows you to tap into our fine art printing skills and technical expertise, and help you realize your artistic vision.