[et_pb_section fb_built=\”1\” _builder_version=\”4.1\” use_background_color_gradient=\”off\”][et_pb_row _builder_version=\”4.3.2\”][et_pb_column type=\”4_4\” _builder_version=\”4.1\”][et_pb_text _builder_version=\”4.3.2\” hover_enabled=\”0\”]
Using Lightroom to prepare your files for Piezography black and white printing
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=\”4.1\”][et_pb_column type=\”4_4\” _builder_version=\”4.1\”][et_pb_text _builder_version=\”4.3.2\” hover_enabled=\”0\”]Piezography is a specialized black-and-white printing process. It uses 10 dilutions of gray inks (ranging from black to very light gray) to create the best possible black and white prints.
The printing preparation is a little bit different than preparing files for printing using a standard Canon or Epson large format printer. Most importantly, the files should be submitted to us in Gray Gamma 2.2 or Adobe RGB to print correctly.
Piezography and Lightroom
- Export your file in Adobe RBG to print correctly. Do not send files in sRGB,
- ProPhoto or anything else!
- Remove any dust, blemishes, sensor dust, and anything else that should not
- be in your final print.
- Adjust density, contrast, color balance, saturation, etc.
- Ensure your file(s) are sharp and in focus.
Export your file from Lightroom
Save your file with “save as” in jpeg or tiff format. For best results with jpegs, save with maximum quality (12) setting.
- Upload your images to our Piezography store. You can upload jpegs or tiff files, up to 100mb in size.
- (Note: this uploader does not accept camera raw files. Raw files can be uploaded only for our custom print service. )
- If your images are larger than 100mb, contact us by email or call 510-227-8334 for instructions.